HOT SPRINGS NATIONAL PARK, Arkansas — Things start hopping at 3 p.m. Thursday a day of fun and frivolity fills downtown Hot Springs with zaniness surrounding the First Ever 19th Annual World’s Shortest St. Patrick’s Day Parade®.
Here is the full official schedule:
THURSDAY, MARCH 17 - ST. PATRICK’S DAY!
• 3 p.m. — Bridge Street LIVE Entertainment District opens. Vendors may begin selling. Security in place.
• 3 p.m. — O’Kelley’s World’s Largest Inflatable Pop-Up Irish Pub opens.
• 4 p.m. — Romancing The Stone, the Arkansas Blarney Stone Kissing Contest begins at the Arkansas Blarney Stone in front of the Convention Center on Convention Boulevard.
• 5 p.m. — Parade Festivities Kick off on Bridge Street with the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders.
• 6:25 p.m. — Official measuring of the 98-foot parade route.
• 6:30 p.m. — The World’s Shortest St. Patrick’s Day Parade® begins on Bridge Street. Cheech Marin grand marshal; Danny (Machete) Trejo official starter; Coach Sam Pittman and wife, Jamie, king and queen.
• 8 p.m. — FREE post parade concert with Foghat on the Bridge Street Stage.
• 11 p.m. —- Area Closes
FRIDAY, MARCH 18
• 5 p.m. — Bridge Street LIVE! Entertainment District opens.
• 8 p.m. — FREE public concert by Sugar Ray on the Bridge Street Stage.
• 11 p.m. — Entertainment District closes.
In keeping with the fun atmosphere that surrounds many of the events in Hot Springs, certain rules (some serious actual rules, others not so serious) will be enforced for those who come to watch the parade, according to Steve Arrison, CEO of Visit Hot Springs.
• All parade watchers must wear clothes
• No chairs of any kind allowed along the parade route
• No umbrellas
• No food or beverages may be brought into the entertainment district
• Fans cannot leave the entertainment district with any alcoholic beverage
• Parade-watchers must wear something green
• Smiling and having a good time are not optional
For more information call Steve Arrison at 501-321-2027.