Skip to main content

Happy Hollow | Hot Springs National Park Arkansas

Back to Lodging

Happy Hollow

    HISTORY

    Happy Hollow was once also known as McLeod's Amusement Park and served as one of Hot Springs’s most popular tourist attractions from the late 1800s until the 1940s. It was located at the head of Fountain Street, just off Central Avenue, and north of Hot Springs Mountain. Happy Hollow began as a picture studio. The amusement park complex gradually developed from McLeod’s vision. Norman McLeod owned Happy Hollow until 1908, when he sold the property. Today, all that remains are the Happy Hollow Springs on the southeast slope of North Mountain and the Happy Hollow Motel has the "happy" distinction of preserving the name.

    HOTEL

    Once a groovy art deco motor court, Happy Hollow is surrounded by Hot Springs National Park and neighbors the Happy Hollow Spring, which many believe to be the best water in town. There is hiking trail access directly across the street. Newly Renovated, non-smoking rooms with mountain views await you.

    Similar Listings

    Gold Inn

    501-624-9164 | 741 Park Avenue 71901

    Tiffany's Bed and Breakfast

    501-865-6060 | 1632 Hwy 347 71929

    Best Court Cottages

    501-701-1111 | 638 Ouachita Avenue 71901